Real-time WLAN information and network analysis
Having problems with your WiFi? e.g. speed issues, reliability, security, don't know where the best place is to position your router in your home and office. Don't worry, just download and install the 100% FREE DIG WiFI Scanner to a Microsoft Windows laptop, then check that your router SSID is using a different channel to your nearest neighbour. Also, check that you are using the highest security encryption, and then check the WiFi signal strengths in every room where you need a good WiFi connection.
The DIG WiFi Scanner displays WiFi access points and connected devices, shows information of the security mechanisms. Our WiFi scanner is able to gather information from 802.11/a/b/g/n/ac networks.
- Access points: WiFi networks information (SSID/BSSID) and connected users.
- Signal level: Signal quality charts for WiFi channels and detected devices.
- Inventory: Naming known WiFi devices.
- Channels: WiFi channel scanner and WiFi networks through channels in 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz.
- Security: Network authentication and security details for WEP, WPA, WPA2 and Enterprise (802.1X) WiFi networks.
- Hardware: No special hardware is required for its operation. All Microsoft Windows Vista, 7, 8 and 10 machines with a wireless card are suitable.
- Cost: FREE - no credit card or activation key required.
Placement of the Router to Optimise Wireless Connectivity.
The operating distance or range of your wireless connection can vary significantly based on the physical placement of the Router. For best results, place your Router:
- Near the centre of the area in which your PCs will operate,
- In an elevated location such as a high shelf,
- Away from potential sources of interference, such as PCs, microwaves, and cordless phones,
- Away from large metal surfaces.
Note: Failure to follow these guidelines can result in significant performance degradation or inability to wirelessly connect to the Router.
FREE DIG WiFi Scanner Application Downloads
Please complete the following for access to the 100% FREE DIG WiFi Scanner application download. Please avoid using free email accounts like Yahoo, Hotmail, Gmail, etc.
x86 (32 bit)
x64 (64 bit)